I may change this policy from time to time and changes will be posted on this page. This policy is effective from 19th May 2018.
By visiting www.karenbaillie.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information I may collect
You may give me information about you such as name, address and phone number, by corresponding with me by phone, e-mail or otherwise. I may receive information about you from other sources, such as Google Analytics.
With regard to each of your visits to my site, I may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from my site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
Cookies may be used on this site in the following ways:
- Strictly necessary cookies – cookies that are required for the operation of my site.
- Analytical/performance cookies – allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around my site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way my site works.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to my site.
Uses made of the information
I will use your information:
- to carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me and to provide you with the information and services that you request from me;
- to notify you about changes to my service;
- to administer my site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and statistical purposes;
- to improve my site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of my efforts to keep my site safe and secure;
- for internal record keeping – number of client enquiries etc.;
- to operate my business efficiently including financial records.
Disclosure of your information
All my dealings with you and any information that I have about you is confidential except when I may have a legal obligation to share, such as terrorism, money laundering and radicalisation or where there is a risk of serious physical or emotional harm to you or any other person.
Data may be processed outside the European Union
This website is hosted in the United Kingdom
We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business.
Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data, any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. I am not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Access to information
You can request access to the personal information that I hold about you.
You may request amendments to the personal information I hold about you that is inaccurate or out-of-date. If you request that I delete your personal information, I will take all reasonable steps to do so unless I need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal business purposes.
Complaints, questions, comments and access requests, please contact me at email@example.com.